On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 15:57 +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> I believe an "extension" would be the best description. You need the
> core GIMP installation, and then GIMP-Shop merely does its best to move
> around icons and menu items to be located to what a Photoshop user would
> find familiar.

Last I checked gimpshop was a fork. It installs a not-so-recent copy of
GIMP which has several changes applied. That means you won't get the
bug-fixes that we have done since gimpshop was forked off and you won't
get any support whatsoever from the GIMP developers.

You should also be aware that you will have problems following the GIMP
user manual and other documentation if you are using gimpshop.