On Saturday 10 March 2007 23:30, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007 01:04, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 March 2007 01:25, Tony Freeman wrote:
> > > OK, I found this site ... I'll be studying this for a while :-)
> > >
> > > http://developer.gimp.org/plug-in-template.html
> >
> > You really be better trying out pythhon scripts first.
> However I find that recent versions of Gimp blow up on compile
> unless one disables Python capability.  I use Slackware Linux.

Please, take a look at the fix available here:

Newer versions of pygtk, as they come out, will have this fix

Forgot 2 other things:

4) you get the "system"  as in:

import os
os.system ("your command here")

although, if you take a look at the api docs in www.python.org, you
soon will find yourself needing 'system' very little

5) Although I said  that if you need to iterate over every pixel ,
you'd be better using a C plug-in, you _can_   do it in python (which
does not happen with script-fu) - the only issue is that it is
painfully slow to do so - but it can work as a  prototype for aC