On 3/13/07, Ray Redd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: ehchn1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Inaccurate Font Color After Export (psd -> gif)
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:00:37 -0700 (PDT)
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a psd image button created with GIMP.
> > It has blue background and white font (R=255, G=255, B=255)
> >
> > However, I need it in GIF.
> > After doing an export to GIF, the font color is a bit different from the
> > original.
> > It's now (R=247, G=253, B=255).
> >
> > Is there anyway that I can preserve the original font color?
> > Please advise.
> >

> > Thanks.
>
> Probably not.  GIF recognizes only 256 colors in total.  Some change
> is to be expected.

Yeah but RGB white should probably be preserved.  Try saving it as
.xcf first, and possibly changing the image mode to 'indexed' before
saving the GIF - maybe you can fine-tune the indexing.

PNG is a good replacemnt for GIF, btw - it will also be more accurate.

Chris

PS - if you want to send me the PSD off-list I will take a look.