[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2007-04-02 at 2150.31 +0900):
> Joao,
> > martin: most setigns can be shared - just go to
> > <toolbox>->File->Preferences, and check the Tool Options tab.

Read again and try it yourself if needed. ;]
> I've done this and under "Paint Options Shared Between Tools" I have
> "Brush", "Pattern", and "Gradient" selected.
> But regardless, when I switch from cursor to pen devices, the settings
> don't carry over.

The dock has more items than the preferences (Tool, FG and BG), and
the shared options are among tools, not among devices. Something like
"Share tools among devices" in "Input Devices" would be needed first
to solve the issue.