I'm writing to this list a lot. Hope that's not a problem.
I'd like to 'checkpoint' my work after each Python-Fu script is run. I building a image with multiple layers, using the Antiquing guide I found on the gimp site as a learning tool. Naturally I need store the image in the XCF file format.
I think I want to use pdb.gimp_file_save(), I'd:
1) get the <path>/<filename> from the open active image (using what I don't know)
2) get the filename, (using os.path.basename)
3) carve off the extension, and add '.xcf' (using ckptName='%s.%s' % ( fname[:fname.rfind('.')] , '.xcf' ) ... and
use the *pdb.gimp_file_save()*.

So the question is, how to get the full pathname for an image?

Thanks for all the good an quick support.

Steven Howe