OK. So far I've kept my opinions about the documentation and odd naming
of features, but ...
Can't close a window? And what is this difference of gimp.<function> and
pdb.gimp_<someotherfunciton>; are multiple poorly documented features
really needed?

It's all a bit <OK megabit> weird. PYGTK and PIL are much better
documented.

I found out that I couldn't even use the register(...) function in the
py console. Now that's damn odd.

The documentation is lacking. The pdb is mostly a good idea, but there
seems to be far too many types that
don't have access methods or methods. "image_id" and image; display
numbers that can't be listed and referenced.  Two names for an object;
path based and name only. Interactive and batch. Assumption of called in
variables (image, drawable run_able), instead of required. The first
example I found 'clothify' used timg an tdrawable, as unused variables;
then promptly call on globals variables I have know way of knowing exist.
 It's just bad programming methods. Where's the sense in that?

In other words, is there some 'reason' to have a  pdb, but try to keep
it's inner working secret? Is it just clumsy programming, transition
between a working program and a good program?

I see no good reason, from a scripting point of view, that I shouldn't
have access to every property of an object. Open, close, see all it's
properties and operate on them, call menu items and preset their params.
Certainly programs without a scripting adjunct shouldn't have such
features. Ones with should. Everything I can do with a menu selection, I
should be able to do with a script call; in fact hav e the pdb console
have a trace function would be a damn fine idea.

OK Done ranting.

sph