Hi,

I have limited experience with Gimp, almost all of it with photographs,
and essentially none with Inkscape.  I want to make some simple maps of
trails in the area, and mark them with mileages and a few comments.  My
plan was to download the photographs of the area from Google Earth, put
a layer over it, and trace out the trails.  Then I can stretch or shrink
the image and add the decorations and commentary.

My question is, which is the best tool for this?  Or is there a better
way to do it than what I am describing?  Thanks for the help.

--
        --alex

        http://alexfeldman.org