Michael Shumaker wrote:

>Drastic measures like this prevent learning. How about removing
 >gimp-win-remote. exe from  the plug-ins directory first?

neither this seems so useful for learning: ... will not give any hint about HOW
gimp remote went in the plugin directory.

I strongly suppose that Brian didn't move there for some weird experiment ..and
to learn something will be maybe more useful to know why gimp remote   pop out
as plugin.

And i suppose many gimp users are willing to learn about image manipolation but
much less are intersted about tecnical details as this more useful to
developers then to end users