GIMP Users,

I have switched to GIMP 2.3. Even though it is the "bleeding edge"
version, the ability to hold down the space bar and move the image
around alone is worth the occasional instability.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a problem with version 2.3 not being
quite done yet, or if it's a settings issue, or something that simply
can't be done.

What I would like to do is have all my tools retain their settings when
I close GIMP, so that they will have those same settings next time I
open GIMP.

Primarily, I frequently need anti-aliasing turned off on almost every
tool that has anti-aliasing, since I work on a lot of line drawings that
will eventually be printed.

Also, things like which brush the pencil tool is set to, and what size,
would be nice to keep.

In Preferences->Tool Options, I have the "Save Tool Options On Exit" box
checked. But either this is having no effect, or it's not having the
effect I assumed it would have.

Perhaps this is some kind of permissions issue or something?

Please let me know what, if anything, I can do to have anti-aliasing
turned off when I next start up GIMP.

Thank you for any and all advice.

Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04