Right, but when I try to move a layer, sometimes I will be moving the
layer that is on top, instead. When I click the image with the Move
Tool, it will pick the top layer...

Hm... I noticed right now that there is an option for this tool...
"Move the active layer" - that's it :)

Victor Domingos

---------