On Sunday 08 July 2007 08:05:45 Kim Johansson wrote:
> Then it seems like it will come some day. ;)
>
> http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/UserFaq#head-455dd92a98eee71c3c35de7fd48065e75d3c
>92ca
>
> 2007/7/8, Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > * David Southwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07-08-07 10:33]:
> > > Is there any chance of Gimp supporting 16 bit color in the near
> > > future? or is it doomed to be limited to 8 bit which is not really
> > > suitable for manipulating high quality digital images?
> >
> > Answered in the wiki.
> > --
Patrick
Thanks -- actually before posting I had  tried a search on the wiki for 16 bit
but got the search engine gave me no results - however- before I had a chance
to ask you where on earth I could find it Kim pointed me in the right
direction. Thanks anyway.

Kim
Thanks very much being so helpful  and pointing me precisely in the right
direction.. it is appreciated.

Anyone...
Finally does anyone have a handle on the timeframe for 2.4??

David