On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 05:36:44AM -0700, David Southwell wrote:
> On Sunday 08 July 2007 14:37:01 Manish Singh wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 02:42:22PM -0700, David Southwell wrote:
> > > I rather gather there are those who disparage gimpshop and wish it to
> > > fail and those who wish it to succeed but are afraid of offending some
> > > members of the former group.
> > >
> > > Maybe gimp could benefit from a more catholic and generous approach being
> > > espoused by everyone.
> >
> > Maybe the creator of GimpShop should have respected the GIMP community
> > instead of rejecting it. He did not consult anyone on any of the GIMP
> > lists at all as to proper approaches, or even showed any interest in
> > actually making useful contributions.
> >
> > Since GimpShop rejects the GIMP community, we respect that decision and
> > do not support it here. If you have issues with this, take it up with
> > the people who do GimpShop. They can't reject the community yet expect
> > simultaneously expect it to provide support.
> >
> This is a developer grudge centric response.
>
> There are millions of trained photoshop users out there. Most modern software
> seperates the view or (GUI) from the Model and the controller. This means
> that developing alternative skins (gui's) becomes s straightforward process.
> Maybe this discussion could be turned into examining the question -- How easy
> would it be to focus on facilitating the development of alternative skins
> (gui's) for gimp?
>
> A gui that emulates photoshop is really needed .
>
> Really gimpshop is part of gimp.. the version of gimpshop running on my
> system
> depends upon the latest version of gimp.

Wow, everything you've said in this post is pretty much wrong.

Same thing goes for most of your other posts. You write a lot but
actually say very little. You clearly don't do any research before you
make your assertions.

I question that you have even used Photoshop, since you seem to think
the half-assed things GimpShop does to emulate Photoshop really makes
PS users comfortable.

Please stop posting to the list, as all you can seem to do is post
misinformation and assertions that you cannot back up.

-Yosh