Hi GSR,

Thank you very much for your examples, they also helped me understand a bit
more the "Save as GIH" dialogue. One of the things that strikes me as
illogical was that you start the ranks from the bottom and go to the top as
you add more ranks?... It seemed more logical to me to have the first
governing rank on top, while the second is underneath it, etc. If you don't
mind explaining the logic, it would be great and might teach me a thing or
two about GIMP and this concept.

So, taking your brush "pipe-brush-pressure-angle-and-tilts.gih", I read the
first rank for x-tilt, composed of 3 cells. Next rank, y-tilt, created from
3 cells as well - so far, that's a 9 cell matrix with the numbers 1 through
9, printed according to the X/Y tilt. Then you have an angular brush with
two ranks (the black and red colored numbers governing the angle of your
stroke, somehow the black only appears from degree 0 (upwards) to 90
(right), from 90 to 359 the red takes over? Shouldn't it be black from
degrees 0 to 179 and red from 180 to 359?) and the last rank, pressure, uses
black and red colors for a light pressure and green and blue for harder
pressure, alternating colors as per the angle of your brush.

P.S. I'm "explaining" these things back to you just to make sure I
understood things right, please don't feel offended if I state the "obvious"
:) But your example is much appreciated, it proved the options work as
expected (except that weird angular decision) and also gave me an insight
the manual was not able to provide.

On 7/21/07, GSR - FR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2007-07-19 at 1856.54 -0400):
>> I have personally tried to create such a brush, but the results are
>> inconclusive. I use an Intuos 3 tablet and have created (just for test)
>> 3
>> x 3 matrix containing 9 images and 2 ranks, first for x-tilt and second
>> for
>> y-tilt. As far as I understood, this would have created one image for:
[...]

I did a demo for some "doubts" in IRC, over two years ago, and I
barely remember it so excuse the fuzzyness of the description
(currently I do not have access to the tablet, so no way to test it
again): 3*3 items per layer were for tilt, using each axis as indexer,
and the layers were another indexer or two (2 groups of 2 layers),
thus giving 3D or 4D "image". I think it worked at the time, allowing
people to see the effects of the 3 or 4 tablet variables.

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/gimp/tmp/pipe-brush-angle-and-tilts.gih

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/gimp/tmp/pipe-brush-angle-and-tilts.xcf.bz2

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/gimp/tmp/pipe-brush-pressure-angle-and-tilts.gih

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/gimp/tmp/pipe-brush-pressure-angle-and-tilts.xcf.bz2