On 7/28/07, David Feinzeig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a script-fu GIMP plugin and I need to be able to write some
> decimal values to a file during the execution of the script.  I've seen some
> people suggesting that use of fprintf, etc., but can't figure out how to get
> this to work.  Can someone please provide some guidance?
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

Hi,

fprintf() is a C function, and because it does I/O, it's unlikely to
be exposed to Script-Fu. Script-Fu cannot, for instance, delete files,
so I would expect it cannot directly create files either (only save
images using gimp-file-save.). I recommend you look up a reference for
the Script-Fu API. plug-ins/script-fu/tinyscheme/Manual.txt is the one
you probably want. It looks like Script-fu actually does support I/O.
(that file is in the SVN repository; it might also be in a
distribution tarball (eg. gimp-2.3.19.tar.bz2)