> On 8/1/07, David Gower wrote:

> OTOH if you're just autocropping a *layer*, not an image, you can just
> compare image corners to layer corners.

While looking into this, I notice that autocropping an image uses the
active layer, not the projection, to determine the resultant image
boundaries. (Would this be a bug?)

Based on this behavior, there is no real advantage (from a scripting
standpoint; you still have to process each layer individually) to doing a
crop image as opposed to a crop layer. By processing each layer
individually, its boundary offsets and dimensions remain relative to the
original image, easing the task of comparing their "before" and "after"

(My apologies to David Gowers for responding to the wrong e-mail address.)