the way these two tools work is too different, for the adaptation to be possible

to quote Sven :
"The paintbrush stamps the brush repeatedly on the canvase to create a
brush stroke. The ink tool however calculates the outline of the brush stroke
based on geometry and movement of the brush tip. This stroke outline is
then filled using a solid color. Both concepts have advantages and