Hi,
 I would like to use the perl interface to automate processing of black and
white images. I would like to set a threshold for white vs black on the images
based
 upon the histogram without
 physically looking at each image. I dont want to do it  using the gimp-gui.
 I would like to get an array consisting of the histogram
 hist[i] = count of pixels in image with intensity i.

however the only function i see in the PDB is
 (mean,std_dev,median,pixels,count,percentile) = gimp_histogram
 (drawable,channel,start_range,end_range)
 which would require 256 calls of this function to get the data. Is
 there another function that can return an array of the histogram?

My goal is to use the histogram to pick a threshold between "gray
 background" and text on a jpg image of a book page that I make a
 picture of with my digital camera.

Thanks
 Mitchell

I also posted this to usenet gimp group. I dont know how to avoid cross posting
this.