An example of what I would like to be able to create in gimp:
http://www.bigstockphoto.com/images/bsp-headleft.gif

--> the smooth horizontal curvy shape white/light green, with the
separating green border that grows from left to right

Is this reasonably doable in GIMP?

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions