On Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:00:16 pm Robert Keane wrote:

> I was given a .gif that I would like to use on a web site...
The problem I have with it is that
> it repeats ad nauseum where once would be just fine. My
> question is can I stop the animation after 1 time?

Yes. One of the options when saving as GIF animation is to loop
forever... or not. Do a save as and give it a new name with
a .gif extension. Follow the prompts to save it as an animation
and in the Save and GIF dialog uncheck the Loop forever

> If so, can
> I then substitute a folded envelope for the previously
> animated .gif.

That should be possible by adding the desired image as the last
frame of the animation, i.e. the top layer of the image.