* norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [09-17-07 17:04]:
> < big snip >
>
> > In my case I did:
> >
> > ln -s /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ufraw-gimp
> > /opt/gimp-2.4.0/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ufraw-gimp
> >
> > The first path is where the plugin was installed; the second one is
> > where I wanted the link.
>
> That looks very clever. I will try it out and report back.

Yes, it is.  But it is a *normal* bash/*sh shell operation.  Much
information about these operations may be found in the man and info
files, ie:
  man ln
  info ln

A good text w/information about shell (what runs the command line)
operation is RUTE, Rute Users Tutorial and Exposition, available:
  http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

and: The Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
available:  http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/abs-guide.pdf

ps, the ln -s example quoted above is to be presented on ONE line.