--- "Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greg, thx, I downloaded inkscape - and now the learning curve begins.
> I looked at the multiply thing in GIMP but have not figured out how
> make it work.  It will need to be left for when I have a little more
> spare time to muss around. -Bob

In the Layers dialog, create a layer from the image you want to sit on
top your background, which is itself a layer.  Make sure both layers
are visable (you can see the eye icon) and set the "Mode" button to
"Multiply".  This should blend the edge of your logo layer into the
background layer.  It's not always perfect so be prepared. :)

Got a little couch potato?