Hi,

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 16:40 +0100, Victor Domingos wrote:

> Is it possible in GIMP to use different views to the same image, in a
> way that we can see a layer mask and the image itself at the same
> time?  That could be useful in order to check results of a mask
> editing operation...

No, you can't do that. The state of the layer mask is part of the image
structure and no matter how many views you have, you are always looking
at the same image.

You can however quickly switch the effect of the layer mask on and off
and also only view the layer mask itself by clicking on the mask preview
in the Layers dialog while holding modifier keys. Please check the user
manual for details.

Sven