On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 14:12 -0700, David Southwell wrote:

> Wether or no  GIMP is planning to develop in ways that will provide
> non-destructive editing and full support for raw and 16+ bit is something
> that is really relevant and the views of users need to be sought.

Yes, GEGL will bring support for high bit depths in the short term and
non-destructive editing in the long term. If you had done a little bit
of research, you would know that.

The future of GIMP will also bring substantial changes to the user
interface. How this will look like exactly is currently being worked on
by our user interaction designers. This process is open and can be
followed at the team's web-site at http://gui.gimp.org/.

We are listening to our users. That's why we have this mailing-list and
actually read about the problems and needs of our users.