---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: carol irvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 1, 2007 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] floating selection
To: Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It kept happening no matter what I tried UNTIL I tried this anchoring.  Then
I flattened after I anchored.  I could then save it with any file
extension.  Remember that I am using the Gimp version for Mac on my macbook
so that possibly makes my experience a bit different from a Windows or Linux
Gimp user.  If you see "floating selection" appear over in the layers
palette as its own layer in your version of Gimp though, anchoring will
solve your problem.

carol

On 10/1/07, Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- carol irvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When I go to crop something, Gimp crops it very nicely but, unlike,
> > PS, the image is then impossible to do anything else with as I now
> > have a floating layer.
>
> Interesting.  Does this happen with GIMP's file format and/or others?
> I was cropping and editing a bunch of .BMP files yesterday and had no
> problem re-saving them as jpegs.

carol

--
carol