--- Carsten Agger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently bought the book (it was recommended in a video podcast
> at www.meetthegimp.org) and did the first four chapters ... and think
> it looks good; i already learned a lot, and it only seems to be
> getting better. It looks good for not-so-advanced users, IMHO.

I have that book as well and also find it very useful and easy to read.
 Another two GIMP books I like is, "The Artist's Guide to GIMP Effects"
and "GIMP 2 for Photographers"  These are good follow-up books as they
concentrate on practical applications of GIMP.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.