On Tuesday 23 October 2007 03:21:00 pm Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 13:43 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> > Understood. But isn't there a recent feature that allows one to preview
> > in the restricted gamut of cmyk? I forget what it is called.
> You could do a Soft Proof in GIMP 2.2 already. It only has become a lot
> simpler in 2.4 and it now also optionally marks out-of-gamut colors.
> Sven

Following the guidance previously offered I selected view->display filters and
activated the "color proof" filter using a cmyk.icc profile I have on my
sysem. .  The displayed photo changed not a bit. Must I do soething extra to
activate it? I moved it from the left side to the right side, clicked its
check box,   and filled in the filter information.

John Culleton