Hi,

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 12:31 -0600, CJ Kucera wrote:

> Anyway, I'm using Gimp 2.4.1, and I've encountered a problem where Gimp
> isn't saving the layer dimensions in its .XCF files, so that when the
> file is opened, Gimp gives the error:
>
>    XCF: This file is corrupt!  I have loaded as much of it as I can,
>    but it is incomplete.
>
> I haven't yet figured out exactly what causes this to happen - some
> images I have don't exhibit this behavior, though most do.
>
> I've gone so far as to open up a file that I had created with an
> older version of Gimp and re-save it without any edits.  When I
> compare the two files, there are only a few bytes that differ, and it
> turns out that it's the dimensions which are showing up as "0"
> instead of the proper dimensions.  You can see that at this URL:
> http://apocalyptech.com/media/gimp/
>
>  * goinonboat.xcf is a file I had created in an earlier version of Gimp
>  * is the file I re-saved.
>  * dimension.png contains all of the binary differences between the
>    two.  The file is 640x480 (which in hex is 0x0280 by 0x01E0).

I can reproduce the problem loading "goinonboat2.xcf". But I can load
"goinonboat.xcf" without a problem, then save it again and the result
seems to be just fine.

Are you using any unusual compiler settings? Since you are using Gentoo,
we are likely going to attempt to blame you for this problem. So you
better try to convince me that your compiler settings are sane...

Sven