Thank you giving me this information.  It is really useful to know.  I think
it ought to be part of the Migration guide, because naive script writers
like me don't know that functions like set-pt are locally defined.  I
thought I was using a built-in function.

It is further confused by the fact that the Windows version *does not*
complain that set-pt is not defined.  It is apparently defined elsewhere and
is being found.

To my mind, set-pt is either a global function or must declared locally and
if GIMP is finding a local function, then this is a bug.  It is being
handled two different ways; perhaps it is a 2.4.0 versus 2.4.1 difference?

Thanks for your help.  I think I'll try a different way of setting the
splines since this is static.