When reading about Corel Painter, I've frequently come across a so-called
"Digital Watercolor" effect, which apparently simulates how wet paint
behaves when you apply color to a canvas - the "virtual pigments" are
gradually diffused across the surface of the paper and then absorbed into it
over time.

This sounded pretty fascinating, and I was wondering if anyone has attempted
to create the same effect with GIMP. Or would it require too radical a
rewrite of the code? After all, currently GIMP assumes that it doesn't
matter _when_ you make a certain stroke with the virtual pen; it doesn't
matter if you do a certain stroke two seconds or two minutes after the
previous one - the result will be the same. But to implement such an effect,
some kind of time-sensitive mechanism would have to be included - or at
least, that's my impression from reading about it...

- Jürgen Hubert

The Art Tutorials Wiki - catering to everything an artists needs to know!
http://artwiki.wikidot.com