David Gowers wrote:
On Nov 26, 2007 7:29 PM, Lea Wiemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd like to turn a black background into white [...]
The problem is that the boundary between
background and object is usually fuzzy.

1. Use magic wand to select background
2. Convert the selection to a path, and convert the path back into a
3. Fill with white.

Notably this shows a smooth black outline around the object.

Cool, thanks a lot! If I grow the resulting selection by 1px before filling with white, I get a very smooth edge without any dark outline (attached). It makes me lose the very outermost pixels of the edge of the object, but I think I can live with that. (In more complex images I found that that the paths needed manual fine-tuning, but it's still fast enough.)

Best wishes,

<<inline: fuzzy-circle-done2.png>>