Hi,

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 21:18 +0000, Thomas Worthington wrote:

> It's not a "problem" either with window managers nor Linux - the alt-mouse
> behaviour is standard and well established; it's a problem with the Gimp
> (assuming it can't be changed).

Applications such as GIMP used to use this modifier key long before some
window managers started to grab it for their purpose.

> >> How do I tell Gimp to use another shift-type key for that action?

It usually helps to press Shift together with Alt if you want the Alt
key to end up being seen by the application.

Anyway, there is no action in GIMP that absolutely requires use of the
Alt modifier. So if you can't change your window manager key-bindings
and Shift-Alt doesn't work, you should still be able to use all
functionality.

Sven