On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:08:44 -0000, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 14:46 +0000, Thomas Worthington wrote:
>> I've just reverted to 2.2
>> 2.4 has too many problems to bother with; the alt key is the final
>> straw.
> Sorry, but if there are problems with 2.4, then we would like to hear
> about them. So far the feedback has been very positive. And nothing
> really changed with regard to the Alt key, compared to 2.2. So what
> exactly are you talking about?

The alt-key is covered in other posts but the other killer problem for me
in 2.4 is the lack of a ratio display or lock on the crop tool. I need to
crop to a ratio a lot and a display that always reads "current" is no use.
It literally means I have to get the calculator out; I can do that, but
arguing with the Alt key at the same time is too much. 2.2 just works.

Also, I seem to have to click the mouse a lot in different places to get
the aligment tool to activate its buttons. This is not such a big deal as
the other things but is tedious.

There were a couple of other niggles (and total confusion about printing
which was probably my own fault), but I've deleted 2.4 now.