On Dec 21, 2007 9:04 AM, Thomas Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:00:40 -0000, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That is actually the point where the 2.4 crop tool is a lot superior
> > than the one in 2.2. Not only does it not pop up an annoying dialog as
> > soon as you start to use it. It also features an entry for the aspect
> > ratio that has a calculator built into it. You enter the desired aspect
> > ratio in the Crop tool options, like 16:9, and it will use that whenever
> > you press Shift (or lock the ratio using the check button next to the
> > entry). Quite useful as soon as you discovered it. The fact that you
> > didn't discover it should make us think though...
> >
> So even when I go to the bother of typing in the ratio I want, I have to
> hold shift down or it ignores it, stops displaying it and says "current"
> instead?!

> Isn't the fact that I made the effort to type something in
> enough of a hint that I want it to be applied? That's really terrible.
Stop babbling and actually try it out.
Me, I type 1:6 into the ratio box, it remains there, clearly visible,
I check the 'Fixed' checkbox and go making 1:6 ratio'd selections.
(the combobox should be set to 'Aspect Ratio', obviously.)

> And why on Earth would you not at least display the actual ratio as the
> user works? Changing that (as compared to 2.2 which DOES display the
It does display the current ratio. See the 'size' boxes. If you want
to use that as a fixed ratio, you just type it in like any other