> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 13:00 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
> > I'm using gimp 2.4.3 on a Sun Solaris 10 system.  When using the
> rotation
> > tool, I find that if I enter a number in the Angle box (say 17.50)
> and the
> > image is rotated, if I then use the mouse to grab the picture and
> drag
> > it a bit more in the direction of positive rotation, the image takes
> > huge jump backwards and reset itself to a lower value such as
> 10.71.
> Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >I can not reproduce this behavior.
> That's interesting.  It is consistently reproducible here.  I just
> loaded
> another jpeg image, rotated it 20 degrees in the dialog.  Then no
> mater
> where I grab the image and drag a bit, as soon as I release mouse
> button
> B1, the image jumps back to a small positive angle of rotation and
> then
> moves a bit in the direction I was dragging.

When I set the rotation to 20 degrees in the dialog, the image
immediately rotates what I presume is 20 degrees.  If I then click in
the image, the 20 degree setting is negated with the mouse taking
control, and it behaves just the way it would had I not set the rotation
angle at all in the dialog box.  I presume these are two mutually
exclusive modes of operation.