Hi,

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:22 +0000, norman wrote:

> > That's interesting.  It is consistently reproducible here.  I just loaded
> > another jpeg image, rotated it 20 degrees in the dialog.  Then no mater
> > where I grab the image and drag a bit, as soon as I release mouse button
> > B1, the image jumps back to a small positive angle of rotation and then
> > moves a bit in the direction I was dragging.
> >
> > This version of gimp was linked against the latest gtk2 2.12.3.
> >
> > Does anyone else see this behavior?
>
> I couldn't resist having a go. In every case I tried, when I set the
> correction to any number of degrees and then clicked inside the grid,
> the grid jumped towards zero. However, when I manually rotated the grid,
> and then clicked inside the grid stayed where it was.

Ah, now I see what you are doing differently. You guys are activating
the tool from the Layer->Transform->Arbitrary Rotation menu. I haven't
done this in years. Indeed, there seems to be a bug in the Rotate tool
when it is being called from the menus. You may want to make sure that
this is reported at bugzilla.gnome.org.

Sven