Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>You can already turn mnemonics off if you don't like them. From the
>gimprc manual page:

> (menu-mnemonics yes)

>      When  enabled, GIMP will show mnemonics in menus.  Possible values
>      are yes and no.

Thanks for the tip!  That's just what I was looking for.  The only
remaining problem I see is that the Alt-S shortcut is still being grabbed
by the Keyboard Shortcuts menu itself to toggle the "Save keyboard
shortcuts on exit" toggle.  Should shortcuts like these be included under
the menu-mnemonics property in the future, or is there possibly another
property that would address these other shortcuts that are not strictly
menu accelerators?

C. Jeffery Small