On Friday 04 January 2008 05:43, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 03:36 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip!  That's just what I was looking for.  The
> > only remaining problem I see is that the Alt-S shortcut is still
> > being grabbed by the Keyboard Shortcuts menu itself to toggle the
> > "Save keyboard shortcuts on exit" toggle.  Should shortcuts like
> > these be included under the menu-mnemonics property in the
> > future, or is there possibly another property that would address
> > these other shortcuts that are not strictly menu accelerators?
>
> I don't think we will support the option to disable mnemonics much
> longer. Mnemonics are standard user interface elements on a modern
> desktop and it doesn't make sense to add extra code to disable
> them.

But the code is already in place, and works fine. Some people do use
it, as they do conflict with shortcut assignement, whcih makes for a
faster work flow than mnemonics. I see nor eason to remove this
feature  - even if it is a feature that sounds strange and not needed
for most people, from the codebase.

        js
        -><-