I'm a very occasional user of the GIMP and various other tools, one
thing that I miss terribly in GIMP is the ability to pick and use a
In PSP you can, in a menu system pick open a menu with a large
assortment of shapes such as arrows, speech bubbles etc and plonk them
on an image then rotate and resize to suit your purposes.

Is anyone aware of a plugin or something for the GIMP that allows the
same thing?
I know that if I spent an hour or so dicking around I might be able to
simulate the same function but what I'm after is speed and clean