Rather than a plugin, you could just make your shapes with paths and store them
in a
separate .xcf file, then just drag whichever one you want from that .xcf into
the one you
are working on.  From there, the transform tools work on Paths, so you can
rotate, scale,
etc. to get things however you want them to be.