On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 21:25 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 13:43 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
> > I am contemplating writing a tutorial on gimp color management.  I'm not
> > sure I know enough yet to do it, but I suppose someone has to begin.
> I am sure the gimp-docs team would love to get a chapter on color
> management for the user manual. Perhaps you want to coordinate your
> effort with them.
> Sven

I would be happy to do that, but I don't know how.  I checked the Gimp
documentation Developer's web page, and figuring out how to join in
looks like an imposing task.  I understand why that is necessary for
such a project, but at my age I'm not sure I'm ready to master a whole
new framework and set of skills, e.g., using XML.   It was hard enough
mastering the basics of color management and how to use profiling tools,
and I still haven't figured out all of that.

I think I will prepare a simple tutorial, explaining what I know and let
anyone make any use of it that they may.