Hi Leonard,

Am 09.02.2008 um 17:58 schrieb Leonard Evens:

> On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 03:06 +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
>> and please, don't hesitate to correct what's written or fill the
>> gaps.
>> Everything in there is to my best knowledge but I'm sure it is
>> neither
>> completely correct nor are all necessary topics in there yet.
> I am attaching a second installment of comments as a text file below.
> I'm afraid the comments come across just as criticisms, so let me
> emphasize how much I appreciate what you've already done.  Ideally,

Since I explicitly asked for it, I should (and do) stand that now ;)
By now I did not fully examine what you wrote, but I'll do so in the
next couple of days.

> rather than just complaining about this or that,  I should suggest
> how I
> would phrase it instead.  Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable
> about
> writing documentation of this kind yet, so I would rather just raise
> points and hope you can figure out what I'm saying and include it in
> the
> documentation if it seems appropriate.  I'm sure you will do a better
> job of it than I would at this stage.  When I feel more
> comfortable,  I
> will suggest appropriate wording.

Well, let it put me this way: your english can't be worse than mine.
Unfortunately there are right now 0 (in words: zero) native speaking
people in the documentation team - the only reason for me writing
english content is that there is no alternative :(

> I would find it easier to understand what gimp is actually doing if I
> could get at its guts. Instead, I have to do experiments and the
> results
> can sometimes be misleading. I've tried several times to look at code,
> but I've been defeated each time, not by the code, but by the complex
> structure of the source tree.  Any suggestions about how to learn
> about
> that without making it my life's work would be appreciated.

I most probably can't answer them too. If in doubt we need to ask the

Greetings, lexA

- ---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something
doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving
and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)