Though this may be a printer driver issue, I thought I'd ask first here.

Since I installed Gimp 2.4.4, the printer (HP1022) appears in the print
dialog, but is marked with "printer fault!" and doesn't print. I have
CUPS (1.3.6) installed, and the system does print normally from all other
programs.

I have looked at newer versions of Gutenprint, but didn't find the HP1022
as supported. Do I need this newer driver? And why is the printer
correctly detected, but marked as printer fault, while it works for the
rest?

For now, I have been able to print to file first, then print with another
program, but that's not very practical.

Thanks is advance!
John