Tanveer Singh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Bob Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[..]

>>  If I associate to gimpwin-remote (C:\Program
>>  Files\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-win-remote.exe) then only one instance of
>>  GIMP appears. However, there also appears a message in its own
>>  window: "GIMP Message  Opening 'C:\Program
>>  Files\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-2.4.exe' failed: unknown file type" (which
>> can be closed without harm).

[..]

> Thanks! I will associate gimpwin-remote instead of gimp.exe.
> But I guess that error message can be filed as a bug report.

With the clue from Peter taylor's message, this fixed the error window for
me:

>From the gimp-win-remote README file (which I don't think is included in the
GIMP files):

Save the following between the dashes to a "gimp-win-remote.reg", and
remember
to change the gimp-2.4.exe to the version you wish to run. Please note that
execute the new "gimp-win-remote.reg file will require administrative
rights.

------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\gimp-win-remote]
@="gimp-2.4.exe"
------

Then, in Windows Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|File Types edit the
association you are using and change the command line in the field
"Application used to perform action:" from
"C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-win-remote.exe" gimp-2.4.exe "%1"
"C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-win-remote.exe" "%1"

--
Bob Long