On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 12:02 +0000, norman wrote:
> I have been using GIMP for many months and I have just realised that I
> do not have the means to minimise the window, I wonder why? I am using
> Ubuntu 7.10 and GIMP 2.4.2.

Minimizing windows is a function of the desktop window manager.  GIMP
doesn't control that though it can make suggestions about it to the
window manager.  Look under File->Preferences and then choose Window
Management.  The Hint for the Toolbox should be "Normal Window".  If
it's set to "Utility Window" then you probably won't have the minimize
options, depending on how your window manager handles the hints.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://graphics-muse.org