From: David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] dilemma
To: norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi norman,

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM, norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >  Once again, very many thanks indeed. For the record, the Display Filters
 >  shows 'No filter selected' under the left hand column and Colour
 >  Management ticked in the right hand column. In Colour Management in
 >  Preferences, Mode of operation is set to 'Colour managed display' RGB
 >  profile set to profile/None, Monitor profile I have set to nativePC. I
 >  can still a differences between the images, those in Gimp lack a certain
 >  crispness.
 >  The images used show the Colour space, in Image properties, as RGB
 >  colour and a Colour Profile of sRGB IEC61966-2.1 with WhitePoint D65.
 (the same, for both his images and yours?)

 So, what happens if you set your display profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1
 with WhitePoint D65?
 Perhaps this is a better fit for your display than nativePC. Does that
 fix the viewing problem?

 You might also consider checking out what the respective images look
 like when you disable color management completely, if the above does
 not help.