Can the gimp produce an animation that may be 'detached from the dialogue
window' and appear clear of background elements around its contour, just like a
'windows dancer'?

The dancers I make using only a few frames, with transparent backgrounds, end
up with the mid-tone checks appearing along the contour of any part of the
subject that has moved in each animated frame. Is there any way to keep the
checks invisible along the entire contour of the subject?
I used '(replace)' in all the layer attributes, but that still didn't do it.

Tx,
Ad.