On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:54:15 -0400
"Joel C. Salomon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to do some lettering on a half-circle, and it occurred to
> me that I should be able to do a mock-up on the computer. To that end,
> I'm trying to take a scan of my caligraphy, and warp it into the
> proper shape—sort of like Word 'Art'. But how can I achieve this
> twisting with a scanned image?
> See <http://typophile.com/files/text%20in%20a%20half-circle_6719.jpg>
> for the effect I want, and
> <http://typophile.com/files/od%20yishama_4911.gif> for the text I want
> to bend.


I suggest you use Inkscape for this type of distortion/effect, simply convert 
your text to a path and manipulate endlessly

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to