Hi Julien!

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM, julien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  All files in my /usr/local/gimp-2.4.5/ are root. Is this normal?

You mean they belong to root?
That's okay, it's normal.

>  If I run gimp-2.4.5 in root mode, I have Decor, Alpha-to-logo and all
>  items in Xtns!
In this case, the problem seems to be that normal users don't have
permission to read the files in scripts/ directory (or permission to
enter the scripts directory).
You should check that scripts/ directory has execute permission for
all users, and that all files in scripts/ have read permission for all

In my installation, scripts/ directory has permissions 755, and its
contents have permissions 644. This happens automatically upon
installation, so I believe something strange has happened on your
system to alter the permissions. I admit I do not try altering the
prefix in the way you have, it may be an unaccounted bug.
Anyway you can work around it by making sure the scripts/ directory
has appropriate permissions, and executing 'chmod +x -R *' inside the
scripts/ directory

One other possibility is that the script-fu plugin executable does not
allow any user to execute it (only root), which can be fixed just as

If one of the above turns out to be the case, we need to work out the
origin of the bug and a bug report needs to be filed later.

Hope that helps,