Hi David,

Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

I realized that I should have phrased my question more carefully. What
I want is to be able to autocrop all the images matching a pattern,
say "movie*.jpg". How do I do that?

I tried something below, but that didn't work. =(

gimp -i -b '(plug_in_autocrop "movie00000.jpg")'

(define (zac-autocrop filename)
  (let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE filename filename)))
         (drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))
    (plug_in_autocrop RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable)
    (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable filename filename)
    (gimp-image-delete image)))

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM, David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Zac!
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Zachary Leung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's an automated way to crop my images of all the white
> > areas on the outside.
> >
> > Basically I've produced quite a few MATLAB plots exported as JPEGs. There's
> > a lot of white around the sides, and the figure is in the center. Is there
> > an automated way to crop exactly the white parts around the figure away?
> > That would save me time from having to zoom in to each picture and do the
> > cropping manually.
> Autocrop (Image->Autocrop) does this.
> David

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom,
 and the one who gets understanding,
for the gain from her is better than gain from silver
 and her profit better than gold.