On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Helen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (I apologize if this gets on the list twice.  I mailed the question
> an hour and a half ago, and think I may have done something wrong,
> as I don't see it yet.)
>
> I'm re-installing my OS (Linux, SuSE11) and I want to make sure I don't lose
> the
> Gimp brushes I've created.
>
> Can anyone tell me what file I should back up, to make sure I get all the
> brushes?
>
> This is version 2.2.10 of Gimp.
>
> Thanks much,
> Helen
>

> --
> using Linux, SuSE 10

Hello Helen,

I don't think a GIMP install is distro-specific?
However, to be on the safe side, why not make and save a tarball
of the entire ~/.gimp2.2 directory?

[~]$ tar -czvf gimp2.2.tar.gz ~/.gimp2.2/

That command, if executed from your home directory (which is where .gimp2.2
is probably located) should make a tarball of the whole .gimp2.2 directory.

Hopefully helpful.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?